My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Project Runway Nightmare

Oh man!

RunwayI woke up this morning stressed out like mad!  Madeline texted me a few days ago saying the new season of "Project Runway" will start on July 12.   For those not in the know, it is a reality show (I know!) where aspiring fashion designers compete each week to make outfits as per guidelines, and each week a designer drops.  The top 3 get to present a full collection at New York Fashion Week.

I've been hooked from the first season on — and I'm a Reality-TV hater!  So anyway, I haven't heard from Madeline in days, and I've been getting really worried, so somehow these two facts got tangled in my brain, and all of a sudden I was there in my dream.  One of the real designers had been dropped at the last minute, and I had been promoted to the slot.  I had a beautiful Asian model for whom I needed to make an evening gown, 2 days to go, and I realized I had not been with them to get fabric.  Furthermore, I knew I was not good enough in sewing and knew nothing of patternmaking, and I was gonna be dropped at the end of that program.  One of the other designers was really bitchy towards me, so I was just yelling at him when I woke up.  I still feel tense, whew!

So, Madeline, please please let me know you're okay?

~A
Update: Madeline is fine, she texted me she was out of town :) Oh, and for the curious, the dress was going to be of purple satin. Might still make that dress, it was going to be gorgeous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

It's at least better than all these "Who's the next Rock Star" BS shows that are proliferating accross the world. GAG!

July 01, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

Hey now, if the only place I can still see Sebastian Bach wail into a microphone is on Vh1's SuperGroup then so be it. However, the "new" INXS and whatever the hell they're calling the new group that Jason Newstead and Tommy Lee are putting together can just go ahead and break up before it starts.

You have complex nightmares. Mine are always simple. Like I turn on the TV and hear "...officially declared dead. So it's only a matter of days before Supreme Court Justice Roberts swears Vice President Cheney into the Presidency." And then I wake up screaming.

July 02, 2006 3:17 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hehehehe, that WOULD be a nightmare!

Actually, my dreams are sometimes so vivid I wake up exhausted, because it's like I've been to the movies all night - except I've had to be in all of them. This one was really quick and simple compared to most.

I do have to say the action movie dreams are the best - kicking butt in a Clancy-esque dream can be invigorating :P

July 02, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger madelineanne said...

Sorry to have worried you honey!
I would love to see the Purple Satin Gown!!
We need to talk and hang out soon! *HUG*

July 04, 2006 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home