My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cate Blanchett Returns as Queen Elizabeth I

The Golden AgeSomeone pinch me! Cate Blanchett will be back as Queen Elizabeth I in The Golden Age (Oct 2007). Directed again by Shekhar Kapur (Elizabeth, 1998) with Geoffrey Rush returning as Sir Francis Walsingham. The film focuses on Elizabeth's relationship with Sir Walter Ralegh, with Clive Owen (!) in the role. Samantha Morton will be playing Mary, Queen of Scots.

Oh, October, how far you seem!! Eeeeeeeeee!

Official Website at Working Title Films

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

The reference to Clive Owen reminded me. You gotta go see "Children of Men." It's one of the most disturbing films I've seen in a long time. If it doesn't get some kind of Oscar nod there is no justice in the world.

January 12, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I dunno if I can handle disturbing!

January 17, 2007 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home