My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quiz: What American Accent Do You Have

via Geoffrey Chaucer

Wow. These guys pegged me... I am in Philadelphia after all.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia
 

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland
 
The Inland North
 
The South
 
The Northeast
 
Boston
 
The West
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

 

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

Hi, surprisingly (?) I turned out as the Inland North. With a touch of Scottish origin...

January 17, 2007 3:10 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

You could be a secret agent just like Connery, and nobody would be able to guess where you're from... :P

January 17, 2007 3:13 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I became 'The Northeast'.

January 17, 2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

I got Philadelphia, too :)

January 17, 2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

It's all those years of Sundays in Philly :P

January 17, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

I got southern. Go figure.

January 18, 2007 5:08 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I'm surprised; shocked, really.

I'm gonna start talking like Baltar. I LURRRRVVVVV him.

January 18, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

For some reason I would like to have Simon Pegg's accent. I love how he says "skip to the end" in that first episode of "Spaced." I also like his exasperated "alright" that he uses in "Spaced" and "Shuan of the Dead."

January 18, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

He does have a good one. I've been trying on Dame Judi Dench, but I can't get enough haughty going. But the best accents have to be in "Boondock Saints".... "I'm strangely comfortable with that!"

January 18, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

Murphy: So you're Chekov, huh? Well, this here's McCoy. Find a Spock, we got us an away team.

I'll have to watch it again this weekend.

January 19, 2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heheh, did you hear that they may be doing another one after all?

January 19, 2007 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home