My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Poem in Austin



The neighbor's rooster
        hootles and crows,
        and it is nearly noon.
Fancy that! A rooster!
        in this day and age,
        in this urban suburban place!
I cannot help but wonder if
        he got the bird
        just so he could say
To his less fortunate friends,
        over beers
        (and leers):
"Just look at my indomitable cock!"


(AJ 11/08)
 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

welcome back and welcome home ;-)

November 20, 2008 12:07 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I just popped in to say *Hi!*
I'm wishing you all the best with your new place of living.

November 25, 2008 4:55 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thank you both :)

December 04, 2008 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home