My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, January 13, 2006

When in Doubt, Color your World

So, before everyone I know gets worried that I'm depressed, let me say I'm fine - nothing a little sleep won't make better. That, and coloring one's hair always helps. Yup, I know it'll freak out a lot of people, but I went brunette - I think I like it, though I don't recognize myself in the mirror again. I do this every year or so - get tired of whatever my current look is, and reinvent.

You can see this phenomenon here.

Yeah I know mom, I look like someone else's daughter, and like I've just sold my kingdom. I dare anyone to try taking a picture with a phone, against the bathroom wall at 1 am.

Alrighty, I'm heading to bed, at a relatively decent hour for me, too.

The love of my life
     stares at me.
Big brown eyes
               and a nose,
Telling me,
     I'd be much more
          comfortable
Curled up
     in bed
In a furry puppy embrace.




Night night, A


Tags: Anniina's Poetry

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anniina said...

See why I'm sad he's gone? Because he offers unconditional love, and support, and wisdom - he's like the definition of what a dad should be like. And he's funny - 'when in doubt, blame a man' indeed! No men here right now to blame. Bugger Bugger! -AJ

January 13, 2006 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home