My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Vampire Queens

Some of you may remember I was supposed to play Vampire Queen in a promo film, and then it kept being pushed off, and I ended up doing 'Macbeth' and 'Proof' and putting the whole thing out of my mind.

Well, today the director of the film called me with a shoot date.  Apparently, his production chick was supposed to get in touch with me but hadn't, and he was miffed, afraid he had lost me.  I assured him I was still raring to go on the project.  I have costume fittings set for next week and shooting begins on June 27.   Whee!  Keep your fingers crossed that the designer has come up with something über sexy and slinky and dangerous.  I'm hoping for something black and dark green, glittery, corsetted, with a bit of a train... like if Jessica Rabbit were a vampire.  I tell you, sometimes I wonder if I'm not in this business just for the playing dress-up aspect of it all.  Mwahahah.

Wondering how much the script has changed in the meantime.  Last revision I got, I was the Naga Queen (a serpent people), and it had been my idea thousands of years ago to interbreed with humans, thus creating the race of the vampires.  I wish I were allowed to post a part of it here, you'd see what it's like.  Alas, copyright restrictions and privacy stuff, etc.  But I'm supposed to slither into the throne room with eyes that can kill mortal men with a glance.  Tee hee!  And silly Corr's comment was, "Sounds about right."  Elf-boys, what can I say.

Well, off to work on good ol' Luminarium again.  Will BTYL :P

Vampire-smooches,
A


Tags: Vampires | Movies

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

This is a bit of a non sequitur, but then again so is the whole practice of blogging.

I can never hear references to vampires without thinking of Christopher Moore's book "Blood-sucking Fiends: A Love Story." It's absolutely hilarious, and a pretty good vampire book to boot.

Good luck with the new show. Sounds like loads of fun. I'd probably be a terrific actor but unfortunately I've got a lack of...oh, hell, whattya call it...oh yeah, talent. I ain't got any of that.

June 03, 2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

So you are not coming to Finland for Midsummer ??? Vampires suck ! *hihhii*

June 03, 2006 3:35 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Mark, thanks for the tip, I'll amazon me a copy of it, sounds like right up my alley.

Kisu, nope, not coming home for Midsummer. Planning to come for my birthday tho. We can rock Helsinki, tee hee!

June 03, 2006 3:56 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

yeah, that book does sound cool! i've been looking for some good humorous sci-fi/fantasy, since robert aspirin ain't very prolific ^^

June 03, 2006 5:02 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Check Total HUMAN VIRUS SCANNER:

http://totl.net/VirusScanner/?

June 05, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

oops, forgot my results:

Viruses you suffer from:

Politics
Stop caring!

Brand Names
Having a well-known name doesn't make it good.

Environmentalism
Consume more stuff! It's easier to buy new stuff than to recycle.

Viruses you might suffer from:

Linux (80%)
Install the latest version of Microsoft Windows. Learn to love it.

USA (70%)
Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves! [repeat]

Junkfood (80%)
Eat some real food. Something which you can identify the source of every ingredient, not the point of manufacture.

Religion (90%)
Read "God's Debris" by Scott Adams (yes, the Dilbert guy)

Computer Games (60%)
Stop staring at the screen and get some fresh air. You should see a doctor about the RSI in your thumbs.

Conspiracy Theory (95%)
Face it, the elected government is in control. Actually that's quite scary.

Hippyism (93%)
Free love is passe and potentially dangerous, and patchouli smells like cat piss.

June 05, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home