My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Checking In

Hello pumpkins!

No, I'm not dead or in distress — I know I haven't blogged with my usual voracity (wonder if I can use that word like that... hmm, well I'm gonna anyway). The reason is that I've been devilishly busy.

My website for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, Luminarium, turns 10 years old this year.  While parts of the site were started from February '96 onwards, the pages first came together in their current incarnations in June-July.  So I'm hard at work updating the site for a bit of a 10 Year Celebration on July 1.  Not an easy task, when you consider that the site has nearly 3,000 pages, and I'm also adding new pages, an entire new section, and a bit of Google AdSense to offset costs.  I only hope my carpal doesn't act up....

As for other news, I received a lovely honor from someone I hold in high regard.  Mark A. of HyperLiterature posted an entry on his new Blogroll, and in the midst of heavy hitters like Neil Gaiman, Dave Barry, etc., he stuck my little 'Scribblog' — I nearly fell off my chair.  So thanks to Mark for the compliment.

Madeline (the girl with the sexiest shoes in the world) sent a link to an absolutely hilarious blog:

Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog - what can I say... unbelievable!

And speaking of things unbelievable, did you hear about the X-ray of a duck with an alien inside it?  Yeah, the x-ray is now for sale on eBay - at present, the pretty pic goes for $4,600.  Oy vey!

Still looking for a job... nobody is hiring at present, or I'm either overqualified or underqualified, or just too cute to hire :P  Who knows.  Anyone hears of a job, lemme know.

*MWAH*
A

3 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

i cant imagine someone with your credentials being underqualified for anything :P but yeah, it sucks when you're considered 'over-qualified' for something. Sometimes the HR ppl just don't get, "Hey I need a job dammit!"

June 02, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I know! It's like 'Dudes, I'll do grunt labor, just let me bloody work!" :) Bastard Swords.

June 03, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Dr. Virago said...

Hi Anniina. I've been lurking for awhile and until now I didn't realize you were the person behind Luminarium. Thanks for a great site -- I've been sending students there for years (especially to the essay section for good models)!

One note -- checking back over there today I noticed you had Sarah Stanbury marked as a student (in the Chaucer articles, under The Knight's Tale). She's most definitely not -- she's a professor at Holy Cross.

But anyway, thank you again for your hard work on that site -- it's really lovely.

June 05, 2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home