My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fun with Anagrams

Alphabet Head
As I was updating my Michael Drayton page, I ran across the funniest and most brilliant discovery:

Anagram Genius

You can download a free trial version, or search the archives right there. Typing in William Shakespeare, for example, brings up:

We all make his praise
A wee phrase? I am skill!
I'll make a wise phrase
I'm a weakish speller

among other anagram goodness. Works better with English language names than Finnish... still searching for a non-gobbledegook one for myself. Tehee!

On a sidenote, Margaret Atwood's official page "O.W. Toad" has embraced the anagram to the point of a winged frog theme! I found it quite interesting as well, that Alice Walker's name anagrams to "Weaker Lilac" — how apropos for the author of "The Color Purple."

Off to play with my new toy!
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

My first and last name comes out as "Off grim dark."

July 28, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hahah! The thing stopped working after 10 tries, and then it said "pay 49.99" so I said no thanks. But working your name on paper, with your middle initial (and though it's not correct spelling, it's still funny):
Dam giraff ork! Lmao. Mine came out with ink this and ink that because of the Jokinen. I'll figure out a cool one for myself one of these days.

July 28, 2006 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home