My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Saved by Superfriend!

Nancy AngelThere may be some light at the end of the tunnel, because my friend Nancy has come to the rescue — not only does she have a wet/dry shop vac, which she is going to let me borrow so I can vacuum up the kitty litter, she also KNOWS people.  This means, that while I couldn't get an HVAC guy to come out here, she got one to call me within an hour!  And it doesn't end there... she invited me to dinner, since I'm going to her house to pick the contraption up anyway! Wow. I'll keep y'all posted on how this shop vac thingy works.

Thank heavens for Nance!!!
 
Tags: Basement

5 Comments:

Blogger Katja said...

Say hi to Nancy and Angel from me too.

I saw yesterday my friend's 12-week old cocker spaniel. He was soooooooooo sweet.

And I checked the flights yesterday too. I probably could fly to your side of the Atlantic on October 29th, is that ok ?
I didn't make the reservation yet and I'm going back to work on Tuesday. I'm heading to Turku tomorrow; Ruisrock waits!!! I'll be back on Monday morning, please Niu, go to Skype then so that we can discuss about my flights, ok ???

July 07, 2006 3:02 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

BTW, I know what your Mom is buying for you... *lällästilää*

July 07, 2006 3:04 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Buying for me for.... what? my birthday? Halloween? Speaking of which, if you come on the 29th, will you be un-jetlagged for Halloween? (31st) Guess we'll just ladle enough Starbucks down your throat :P Know what you wanna be yet? I'm starting to think costume already, wheeeee!

July 07, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

Jetlag is fine if I'm going to be
I'm not telling what she is buying for you.

Living Dead Girl (inspired by a Rob Zombie song) :)

"Blood on her skin
Dripping with Sin
Do it again
Living Dead Girl"

Down my throat ? NO, I want my Starbucks straight into my blood-vascular system for the first couple of days :)
I think I'll be ok on 31st. Let's just watch Gattaca on 29th + 30th and I'll get enough sleep:) The morning LHR-PHL flight was fully-booked on 27th + 28th and I don't wanna wait in Heathrow for 8 hours for the afternoon flight. (I have to take the BA morning flight from HEL to LHR at 7.40 *shudder*)

July 08, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

No I'm not asking what she's buying me, but for what occasion? For my birthday, or for when you come?

That "Dead Girl" song quote is creepy.

July 08, 2006 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home