My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Whan that Aprill with his shoures sote...

recordingI'm working on an audio recording of the General Prologue to Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, but it is frustrating: every time I get my groove, a plane flies overhead, or one of the doggies decides to click, click, on the wood floor, or slurp, slurp, slurp, at the water bowl, or the neighbors' teenager comes home blasting god-knows-what on his souped up car stereo.

The first stopping spot is after line 18 - but can I get through 18 lines uninterrupted? NO! I need a recording studio! BWYAAAH!
 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

Where are you attempting to record? What other rooms are there in the house? Are there any interior rooms? Does your basement have rooms or is it all open? etc. If there's an interior room, go in it, shut the dogs out, but a towel in front of the door on the floor for a bit more insulation and just do it! (planes flying overhead loud enough to get picked up by a properly held microphone I can't do anything about).

November 28, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks Ist - see, I used to record in the basement (but remember the whole "basement of death" incident - it's unlivable). I gave the dogs enough treats to make them unconscious, so they slept like wee puppies, and I managed to get a pretty damn nice recording done. I'm converting it from .wav to .ram in a second, and making a page for it, so y'all can hear it. *mwah* ~A

November 28, 2006 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home