My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Little Known Fact #5

Katja has just reminded me of one of my favorite characters from childhood: The Little Mole. Created by Czech artist Zdenek Miler, The Little Mole was the hero of many a tale, both in book and cartoon form. When I was about 3, one of my favorite books was "How Come Little Mole Has Trousers?" or, as I knew it, "Kuinka Myyrä sai housut." Katja posted this YouTube clip of The Little Mole and the Snowman.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Katja said...

I loved Myyrä, my siblings loved Myyrä and it is good to notice, that my niece and nephew love him too. Ada has a little Myyrä-doll, which I get to play with, when I'm visiting the twins :)
I think we can easily convince Aino into a Myyrä-enthusiast too.

BTW, I'm making cookies with Marabou's Minttukrokantti-chocolate, I'll tell you later, if they are ok.

December 10, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

The Little Mole and his blue trousers is a great story. We have them at home as we loved it when we were kids and now our children love it, too. There are many stories around the Little Mole and they are available in DVD, too:))

December 11, 2006 4:14 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Good to know! I didn't find them on DVD when I did a search - the only book version of the "Trousers" in English I found was one being sold from the Shakespeare & sons bookshop in the Czech Republic. I'm ordering it, for sure.

December 11, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfXCLY7v-A
This one is the Little Mole in the city on YouTube.
Today I experienced that YouTube was down. I hope they're doing better now.

December 11, 2006 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home