My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Age Activated ADD

Nicked from Wulfweard the White

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my lawn.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over
at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail
on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in
the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table
and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox
when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see
that there is only one cheque left.
My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so
I go inside the house to my desk where I find
the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push
the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should
put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke,
a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye -
they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter,
and I discover my reading glasses
that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk,
but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container
with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,
I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember
that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it
back in the living room where it belongs, but first
I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers,
but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table,
get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then I head down the hall trying to remember
what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the lawn isn't watered,
the car isn't washed,
the bills aren't paid,
there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,
the flowers don't have enough water,
there is still only one cheque in my cheque book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
I don't remember what I did with the car keys,
and my neighbor called to tell me he turned off the
hose that was flooding the driveway.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done
today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy
all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is
a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for
it, but first I'll check my e-mail.
 

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

how can get someone a peep into my life?

May 17, 2007 3:00 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Vik actually said, "Did you write that?" - he was so convinced it was an actual description of my day, hehehe.

May 17, 2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

Did you write that?! lol

May 18, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heheh, silly Mophia ^^

May 18, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

This is totally you :) I'm glad, that Vik said it first :)

No confirmation yet about my summer holiday... But I try to book the VS flights next week, ok ?

May 19, 2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

You guys are all ganging up on me, heheh. I want a different jury, dammit! :P

May 19, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

speaking of juries... i have to get a jury duty questionaire mailed in... >.>

May 21, 2007 12:31 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hehehe. It's absent-minded professor syndrome, I tell ya, it is, it is!

May 21, 2007 2:08 AM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

What a nice story. I would have commented earlier but could not find my computer...

May 21, 2007 4:22 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Runs in the family, huh?

May 22, 2007 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home