My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mad Brilliant Poetical-Visual Super Genius

You know when something speaks to you so strongly it's as if someone grabbed your guts, but in a good way? This just happened to me 20 minutes ago.

I'd like to introduce you to a poet and artist whose work just absolutely makes my head explode with artistic bliss: D. Morgen, whose Scrivenings, "altered pages," start out as pages of books which turn into visual poetry. Simply amazing. Isn't it funny how one gets an intense desire to possess something one has a strong art-loving reaction to? I do hope someday they will be sold in a gallery virtual or physical, or just imagine: a whole big yummy book of these??? Publishers out there — run, do not walk, to Scrivenings and make him an offer he can't refuse, so the wildly clamoring crowd can have its book!


 

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 01, 2007 2:54 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It surely stretches out the limits of one's brains...Very interesting...

not the mere idea alone, but that some, if not most of these 'things' come out 'real' poems...

May 01, 2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am, by the way, interested in selling these works. In fact, I just sold my very first one this week (which means, I think, that I now get to call myself a "professional artist," though I'm not certain I'll be able to bring myself to do so.)

I had promised to post one of these altered pages for each day of National Poetry Month, but I'm a couple of weeks behind now. So I'll be posting more of these at least into May.

May 01, 2007 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home