My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Quiz: What Kind of Poetry Are You

via Scribblingwoman

This quiz is really hot,
I liked it quite a lot,
The questions were quite witty,
They told my form of ditty.

I am:

I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.


(If I weren't Terza Rima, I would be Blank Verse.)

I am, of course, none other than blank verse.
I don't know where I'm going, yes, quite right;
And when I get there (if I ever do)
I might not recognise it. So? Your point?
Why should I have a destination set?
I'm relatively happy as I am,
And wouldn't want to be forever aimed
Towards some future path or special goal.
It's not to do with laziness, as such.
It's just that on the whole I'd rather not
Be bothered - so I drift contentedly;
An underrated way of life, I find.


So folks, What Poetry Form Are You?  And to all you silent lurkers, how about telling me in the comments? :)
 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

I got Heroic Couplet, which makes me feel rather Herculean.

December 20, 2006 1:56 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

I took the test, you know how much I hate poetry, but I wanted to know what KIND of poetry I would be. Busy day ahead, I'm going to Aino's as Johanna is really sick, her fever is over 39 C and somebody has to take care of Aino. So it is super-auntie duties today. Good thing that I do not have to work this week and that I live so close.

December 20, 2006 2:00 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I got Heroic couplet, too. I laughed all the way. It was fun. The result however seems to reflect my perception of life, not of poetry. I tend to worship order I admit... But not in poetry.

December 20, 2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Oh, what a dumb I was... This test is supposed to reveal me, not my taste in poetry...
So, yes, heroic couplet. I acknowledge that.

December 20, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

You know, it is interesting that all of you are heroic couplets... I've surrounded myself with lots of superheroes :)

December 20, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

What a surprise, I'm Terza Rima, too. If I was not, I would be a Sonnet: never quickly thrilled;
not prone to overstated gushing praise nor yet to seething rants and anger, filled with overstretched opinions to rephrase;
But on the other hand, not fond of fools, and thus, not fond of people, on the whole; And holding to the sound and useful rules, Not those that seek unjustified control. I'm balanced, measured, sensible (at least, I think I am, and usually I'm right);
And when more ostentatious types have ceased, I'm still around, and doing, still, alright. In short, I'm calm and rational and stable -
Or, well, I am, as much as I am able. Ici.

December 21, 2006 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home