My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Height of Neuroticism

When a website asks you to type in a code of letters & numbers, to make sure you're not a spamming robot, and they phrase the question like this:

"Are You Human?" (Digg.com)

am I the only person that for a second actually feels an irrational momentary twinge of worry? LOL. Now THAT, folks, that right there is a bundle of neuroses. No wonder I find Baltar so intriguing on Galactica.
 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Vik said...

Yeah. I associate with Baltar. I don't "get" the other characters. They do terrible things that would kill my soul and don't think twice. He at least tries to do the right thing.

As I think about it, his character is written in the original sense of the Tragic Hero. He is doomed no matter what by the fates/gods/?? AND he knows his mistakes/failings but can't stop himself.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what that says about me? (serious self reflection required)

January 31, 2007 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home