My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Slain by a Book

Has it ever happened to you?

You know how I was already feeling down (cf. last post)? I thought
I'd read my book, which has been really good, the name of which I can't tell you so I don't spoil it for you—I'm about 4/5ths of the way through when the narrator, the person I've been identifying with and rooting for, DIES. You heard it, DIES! And now there's 80-some pages to go and my imaginary friend is dead.
I know she wasn't real, but I'm all weepy now.

Is it bad to let a book get to you that much? Or a sign that the author really knows what she's doing? Either way, the most coherent thing I can utter right now is "Major Bummer, Dude!"
 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

It must be a thrilling experience! I'd love to feel it, too, I love being absorbed by literature!

March 22, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

that happened to me when I was reading that Tad Williams series you made me read. Man, those books are mind bending.

March 22, 2007 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home