My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Singing Fun

My brother-in-law Fréd had bought a presie for my sis, which the whole family got to enjoy. We had been invited over for some crêpes, made by our resident French chef. The presie in question was a PS2 program named SingStar, where teams compete over who can sing a song most like the original. Unfortunately, most of the songs were relatively unknown to us, so a lot of tentative howling ensued. But it was so much fun! My sister and I won — we got to "aspiring star" whereas my parents didn't get past "amateur." Fréd shrewdly watched from the sidelines and laughed at us. Here's a pic my dad took of my mom and sister doing a "dueling duet" to Cher, with me in the middle. I miss my family already!



*update* It appears there's a free PC version of this, called UltraStar. Downloading it now. Tehee!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

I can assure you it's fun: singing like in karaoke but a song you have never heard before!
( ^ > ^ )
˘

April 10, 2007 4:46 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, apparently there are more disks you can buy, with songs we might have heard of - those songs were weird... but fun (^o^)/

April 10, 2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home