My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top Tuesday

My grandma had her test today, but the results will not be known for a few days. Mamma said it was quite a nasty procedure, but she was brave, and now they're giving her proper meals again (for the past two days, to prepare her for the test, they fed her nothing but soup and juices). She was very cheerful, and "all there" each time I talked with her today. She said as soon as they let her out, she's coming to help me garden. It's quite unlikely she would be strong enough to travel the distance, what with the long flights, but it IS a lovely dream, and one we both like to think about. She's one tough cookie; who knows, she might help me plant some more roses yet.

Today my mom and I went shopping and stopped for a coffee and some ice cream. We shopped until our feet ached, and my mom bought me so many clothes. I was going to buy them, but she brushed me away at the cash register, and insisted she would pay. It was so sweet, and now every time I wear any of those shirts, I'll think of her. She also found a great pair of jeans for herself, at 50% off—they were still expensive, but you can't put a price on a great-looking butt. All you girls know exactly what I mean.

One more day in Finland. I leave at the crack of dawn Thursday for Frankfurt, and will arrive at home Thursday evening Philadelphia time. Will be nice to see my pookies again and to sleep in my own bed. And at the same time, it's always sad to leave my whole family behind, for who knows how long.
 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Yay for free clothes! :-)

My mom occasionally does that waving away my money thing, but we're usually at Goodwill when that happens, so my haul rarely totals more than eight dollars. Oh well. Nice gesture anyway, I suppose.

Have a safe trip back!

April 03, 2007 9:28 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks for the safe trip wishes Stefanie! I hate flying. After all these years, I still don't quite believe that a million ton hunk of metal will stay afloat. It's just not natural!

I know what you mean - my mom and I only shop the 30-70% off racks, so the bill wasn't huge. I would have felt guilty letting her pay otherwise. Mom's are great :)

April 04, 2007 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home