My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Divine Mark Rylance in Pittsburgh, 2008

I got an email from Christiane in Germany (thank you!!!), who alerted me to the latest news on Mark Rylance. Next year, he will be International Guest Artist in Residence at Carnegie Mellon University, working with senior acting students to develop a play about Andrew Carnegie. How appropriate that it will be called "The Divine Comedy of Carnegie, Frick and Goldman Incorporated."

I hope those actors understand what kind of an insanely fabulous opportunity this is for them. It is equivalent to having Sir Laurence Olivier come hang at your school 40 years ago. I'm so green with envy right now I could pop!

Mark Rylance Carnegie Mellon News Release
Blog article on the same

*update* Apparently, DMR will be doing Peer Gynt at the Guthrie in Minneapolis in March of next year (!) Thank you again, Christine!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home