My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

GIRLS ONLY: Black Lace by BCBG

 
Boys, skip this post as it will only involve girl-stuff.

Okay, now that they're gone, let's dish. I love BCBG clothes. The name is an acronym for "Bon Chic, Bon Genre," which is French and means "very chic, great attitude" — although my Parisian brother-in-law likes to say it stands for "beau cul, belle gueule", which means "great ass, pretty face."

 Aaannyway... since it seems to be my week of talking about men I worship, the label's creator, designer Max Azria, certainly deserves mention. Let me tell you, this man knows a woman's body and what looks good on it. I can buy anything he makes without trying it on and know it'll be a dream. He also designs with a lot of Old Hollywood flair, an aesthetic I share since who can have too much glamour in their lives, I mean really?

This week I splurged on two BCBG dresses via eBay (or as I know it, AnninaBay). For all my late behavior of playing a hermit crab at home in my pajamas, I love wearing dresses — even better, gowns. I used to have a lot of places to wear eveningwear, but nowadays with the 'casualization' of both society at large and my own lifestyle, I only get the rare opportunity to really glam it up. I digress, sorry.

Both of the dresses I bought are black lace over lighter-colored silk. The first is a little less formal, and will be perfect for weddings and cat-christenings which are sure to pop up May-Sept; the second more formal, which will be perfect for cocktail parties and fancier do's. I have the perfect hat as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll get invited to Ascot :P

Okay, so that all sounds grand, but I got a bargain on them both, and even if I just sit at home on the couch in them drinking champagne and feeling ravishing, they're worth it. I just wanted them, and that's that. Call me crazy, you might not be wrong, tehee! I rarely spend money on myself, and this week I needed to "medicate," if y'all know what I mean.


Including shipping, less than ¼ of their ticket price. Whee! Go eBay!
 

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Katja said...

Ihanat koltut; erityisesti oikean puoleinen. Mellulta tuli viesti yöllä Nykistä, se on ihastunut kaupunkiin, jossa on ollut vuorokauden. Mä oon ihan kade, haluun kanssa NYC syömään tuna-meltiä !!!

March 11, 2007 1:27 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Hey, if you come we can sit on the couch together sipping champagne in gowns. I wanna do girl stuff. I'm surrounded by straight boys, who don't appreciate the art of putting on gowns playing princesses :P

March 11, 2007 1:30 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Sorry for being so anti-social (that's me !) and writing the earlier comment in Finnish. BUT it was early in the morning and my brain doesn't function in English that early :)

I can already see us sipping champagne at your couch in girly dresses. This winter has been so looong and cold, that I've completely forgotten how to wear flip-flops and skirts... Anyways, the sun is shining, snow is melting and it is + 5 C (+41 F) at the moment. I better start cleaning NOW as I can see, that everything kind of looks dusty (if you know what I mean...) at my apartment.

March 11, 2007 5:01 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

They are pretty - and deserve the BCBG title:)

March 11, 2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Those are lovely. I am not a girly-girl by any means, but every so often I find myself looking through the fancy dress racks and only wishing I had some excuse to buy one of them. Have fun with the new purchases, even if you just wear them at home! :-)

March 11, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks girls! Anytime you're in the neighborhood, you can all come sit on the couch and sip bubbly.

March 12, 2007 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home