Everything's Coming Up Monkeys
The weirdest thing. In the past few weeks, everywhere I turn, I run into monkeys. No, not real live ones, but the universe is sending me a constant sign, and I don't really know what it's trying to tell me. Here's a recap of the events so far:
- I discovered a new coffee, which is absolutely divine, and environmentally friendly to boot. It's called "Brown Gold" - the Colombian, which I drink, has a woodcut of a monkey on the front. I began to call it "my gold monkey coffee" to anyone who would listen.
- I bought a bottle of white wine from New Zealand, which turned out to be delicious; I only noticed later it was called "Monkey Bay" and has a picture of (you guessed it!) a monkey on the front.
- My favorite jammies are purple with monkeys on them.
- Katja posted a song on her blog, which she wanted me to listen to. It was by a band called "Arctic Monkeys."
- While I was wondering about all this monkey business to Katja while we were chatting on Skype, she said: "Hey, go to this Japanese name generator I just found." I did, and wouldn't you know, it made my name mean "A monkey on a crossing bridge, fine in Autumn." (See previous post) I was stunned, and the Finn that I am, could only utter a powerful Finnish curseword (aka voimasana, "Word of Power"), "Perkele" — when I told her what I got, we both got freaked out. To make matters worse, this site she had found was also called Rum & Monkey.
Monkey research to follow in another post presently.