My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Monkeys


The weirdest thing. In the past few weeks, everywhere I turn, I run into monkeys. No, not real live ones, but the universe is sending me a constant sign, and I don't really know what it's trying to tell me. Here's a recap of the events so far:
  1. I discovered a new coffee, which is absolutely divine, and environmentally friendly to boot. It's called "Brown Gold" - the Colombian, which I drink, has a woodcut of a monkey on the front. I began to call it "my gold monkey coffee" to anyone who would listen.
  2. I bought a bottle of white wine from New Zealand, which turned out to be delicious; I only noticed later it was called "Monkey Bay" and has a picture of (you guessed it!) a monkey on the front.
  3. My favorite jammies are purple with monkeys on them.
  4. Katja posted a song on her blog, which she wanted me to listen to. It was by a band called "Arctic Monkeys."
  5. While I was wondering about all this monkey business to Katja while we were chatting on Skype, she said: "Hey, go to this Japanese name generator I just found." I did, and wouldn't you know, it made my name mean "A monkey on a crossing bridge, fine in Autumn." (See previous post) I was stunned, and the Finn that I am, could only utter a powerful Finnish curseword (aka voimasana, "Word of Power"), "Perkele" — when I told her what I got, we both got freaked out. To make matters worse, this site she had found was also called Rum & Monkey.
Needless to say, Katja set me to task to figure out what all this means. I don't know if I'll be able to, but if anything should happen to me, look for a monkey as a prime suspect.

Monkey research to follow in another post presently.
 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anniina said...

And I totally forgot to mention in the list above "Bonobo" whose music I posted yesterday. The Bonobo is also a simian....

March 10, 2007 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home