My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

QUIZ: The Real Japanese Name Generator

Katja just returned from Kyoto, where she had an amazing time and took over 300 photos. She has a few of them on her blog so far, with promises of more. She found this quiz, and you know I'm helpless.

My japanese name is:

猿渡 Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge)
千秋 Chiaki (very fine in autumn)
.

Take your real japanese name generator! today!
 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

Hmm, I got Autumn Book & Big Dipper of the Ocean. Funny, those aren't the kanji that are on my black belt.

Funny story: We get our names embroidered on our black belts by a Japanese woman. She simply transliterates the American name phonetically to do that. Since there are no "L" sounds in Japanese Leigh's actually reads "Reeeee."

March 08, 2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

heheh, that's funny.

March 09, 2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Dearest Anniina, have you noticed that the site that offers you the 'real Japanese' name is called 'rum and MONKEY' ????

March 09, 2007 5:16 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Okay, my real life name was:
Yamashita:under the mountain
Michiyo:three thousand generations

wow. Doesn't sound bad, does it?
SzélsőFa, however got this:
lino: rice field
Miharu:beautiful clear sky.

I think I'd rather be going with the first one!

March 09, 2007 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home