My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Translation Meltdown

I have steam coming out of my brain. I had a deadline 11 minutes ago, and let me tell you, I barely made it. It was quality control for the translated subtitles for a full-length studio motion picture.

Sounds like cake at first, but just imagine: every single subtitle box has to be checked by hand for reading length, in addition to correctness of thought, typos, grammar, word choices, subject/verb agreement, formality of language, etc.

I'm going to go open a bottle of wine. Now. Whew! Mommy!
 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

You, if anybody, can do it!

April 13, 2007 11:40 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Well, you'll never guess what happened - I got an email from my boss saying the QC file I sent was EMPTY!!! ACK! Luckily, I had the file on the computer, and it was turned in, but I was FREAKED until it was found! Freaked, I tell ya!~

April 14, 2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

whew, backup to the rescue. gj :)

April 14, 2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

computers suck.
But, congratulations on doing the job!

April 14, 2007 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home