My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The New Globe Project


For those of us who have been trekking to London to visit Shakespeare's Globe, there is something a-brewing. The New Globe Theater project, which is trying to get enough funding to refurbish Castle Williams in New York harbor as another Globe playhouse.

Supporters include the divine Mark Rylance, ZoĆ« Wanamaker, whose father Sam built Shakespeare's Globe in London, and several other influential theatrical and political figures.  But someone please, please, please tell me Al Pacino will not be acting there!  Cold fear clutched my insides when I read his name on the list of artists associated with the project.  Not allowing Al Pacino anywhere near Shakespeare would certainly be on my additions to the list, "Things I Will Not Do When I Direct Shakespeare."

Tags:  Rylance | Shakespeare | The Globe | Theatre

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home