My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Dead Tired, or Zombification Sets In

I'm officially a zombie. I had a Quality Control translating gig, the deadline for which is tomorrow at 6pm, but since I want them to LOVE me, I thought I'd have it back to them early. My friend Ahren has the best work ethic of anyone I've ever met, and it consists of always being early, always being superbly prepared, and always giving your employer more than he could possibly have expected. I'm striving to be like that too.

The downside is that my eyes crossed a long time ago, and I have to be up in 2 hrs. Tehee! I know myself. If I go to bed now, an 8-foot troll hanging me upside down by my feet over a blazing fire and a troll cookpot, while occasionally lambasting me with a spiked troll club, would not wake me up. Although I sometimes have trouble falling asleep, once I reach oblivion my powers of sleep are truly remarkable.

So... no sleep for me tonight. I dare not go anywhere near my bed, and the couch is also too comfy, so I guess I'll just sit here and try to think of things to entertain myself. A game of Literati, anyone?
 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

a good movie, perhaps?
going out for a zombie-walk?

March 12, 2007 5:31 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I thought about the movie, but that would have been on the comfy couch which could have proved dangerous. As for the zombie-walk, that is a brilliant idea, I wish I had thought of it!

March 12, 2007 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home