My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Aurora Borealis - Northern Lights Photographs

via OnlyJokingLasse



Finnish photographer Tom Eklund has a gorgeous selection of photos of the Northern Lights on his Aurora Borealis page. Just unbelievable! And while there is a perfectly scientific explanation for the aurora, I will reserve the right to believe magical and mystical things are involved :P

Tom also has wonderful nature photographs on his site. Both pages are well worth a visit. This site is good for the soul.

Photo posted with written permission of the author.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Fascinating. I would love to see the northern light in the nature someday.

February 03, 2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

me too. I've seen like a little pitiful glimmer of green - where we live in southern Finland, you rarely get them. My dad said he's seen them once, my mom said she's never seen them.

February 03, 2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

I am surpised.
I thought every Finnish had at least once seen it - even if s/he's not living close to it.

February 04, 2007 1:26 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

No, you'd have to travel about 10 hrs north. In the winter. In the DEATHLY cold. Heh, I'd rather head south :P One day, though, one day.

February 04, 2007 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home